Notice Regarding Use of the Services by Children
The Services are not directed to children under the age of eighteen (18), and we request that children do not provide personal information through the Services.
How We Collect and Use Personal Information
We will collect personal information about you, such as your name, postal address, telephone and mobile numbers, email address, gender, or social media IDs through your use of the Services, such as when you order or register a product, contact customer service, or otherwise do business with us or interact with the Services. We may also receive your personal information from other sources, such as affiliated entities, public databases and cooperative databases; social media platforms; from people with whom you are friends or otherwise connected on social media platforms; as well as from other third parties. For example, if you elect to connect your social media account to your Site account, certain personal information from your social media account will be shared with us, which may include personal information that is part of your profile or your friends’ profiles.
We use your personal information to do business with you or otherwise provide the services you request from Tonsda such as responding to product information requests; registering products; fulfilling orders for parts, and products, or customer service; or initiating refunds.
We also use personal information to send you news about our products and promotions, to conduct online surveys, contests, and other similar promotions or incentive programs via email or telephone, and to notify you of special events and advertising that you might be interested in. Further, we may also use personal information to send you important information regarding the Services, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information. In addition, we may use the information to improve Tonsda’s online and other services, such as through customer service and product support, to understand consumer preferences in developing product improvements and innovations. We may also use your personal information for internal business purposes, such as optimizing users’ Services experiences and analyzing, managing and expanding our businesses.
The Services may offer a feature that allows you to send an electronic postcard or otherwise share a message with a friend. If you choose to use this feature, we will ask you for the recipient’s name and email address, along with the text of any message you choose to include. By using this feature, you are telling us that you are entitled to provide us with the recipient’s name and email address for this purpose.
How We Collect and Use Other Information
We may also collect other information that does not reveal your specific identity or directly relate to an individual through the Services (“other information”), such as domain, URL, browser, device and operating system information, information about visits to the Services pages, App usage data, physical location and information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies, demographic information provided by you that does not reveal your specific identity, and information that has been aggregated in a manner such that it no longer reveals your specific identity.
We and our third-party service providers may collect other information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device. Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your devices, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version and the name and version of the Services (such as the App) you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly.
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies. Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates.
- We do not respond to browser do-not-track signals at this time.
- Physical Location. We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content.
- From you. Information, such as your preferred means of communication is collected when you voluntarily provide it. Unless combined with personal information, this information does not personally identify you.
- By aggregating information. Aggregated personal information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services (for example, we may aggregate personal information to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
We may use and disclose other information for any purpose, except where we are required to do otherwise under applicable law. If we are required to treat other information as personal information under applicable law, then we may use it for all the purposes for which we use and disclose personal information.
In some instances, we may combine other information with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographic location). If we do combine any other information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information in accordance with this Policy.
Selling of Personal Information
We do not sell your personal information or any other information we collect about you to any affiliated or unaffiliated third parties.
Retention of Personal Information
We retain Personal Information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was collected. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include:
- The length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide services to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using our services) and the length of time thereafter during which we may have a legitimate need to reference your Personal Information to address issues that may arise;
- Whether there is a legal obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or
- Whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations, litigation or regulatory investigations).
User Generated Content Functions
Certain pages on the Services, including our Social Media Pages, enable users to create their own profile page or submit their own content (for example, message boards, forums, chat functionality and blogs, among other services). Any information you disclose in connection with such services may be publicly available and be read, collected, or otherwise used by anyone who visits the page on which you have chosen to comment, and you should exercise caution in deciding whether to disclose your information there. Tonsda cannot prevent such publicly-available information from being used by others in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy and safety, and is not responsible or liable for the results of any postings or the use or disclosure of any information that you disclose via such postings.
If you do not wish to receive marketing-related emails from us, or if you would prefer that we do not share personal information about you collected via the Services or otherwise with Affiliated Entities or other third parties for such Affiliates Entities’ or other third parties marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related emails and from such sharing by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in each such email.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that, if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove personal information about you from the databases of Affiliated Entities or other third parties with which we have already shared your personal information as of the date on which we implement your opt-out request. If you wish to cease receiving marketing-related emails from such Affiliated Entities or other third parties, please contact such Affiliated Entities or other third parties directly or utilize any opt-out mechanisms set forth in their respective privacy policies or marketing-related emails.
The Services may contain links to other sites which are not operated by Tonsda.
TONSDA IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE PRIVACY PRACTICES OR THE CONTENT OF SUCH OTHER WEBSITES, INCLUDING WEBSITES OPERATED BY AFFILIATED ENTITIES.
In addition, we are not responsible for the information collection, usage, disclosure or security policies or practices of other organizations, such as Facebook, Apple, Google, Microsoft, RIM or any other app developer, app provider, social media platform provider, operating system provider, wireless service provider or device manufacturer, including with respect to any personal information you disclose to other organizations through or in connection with the Apps or our Social Media Pages.
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites or online services, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites or online services on any of your devices, as well as on information received from third parties. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through the use of pixel tags). They may also use these technologies, along with information they collect about your online use, to recognize you across the devices you use, such as a mobile phone and a laptop.
Security of Personal Information
Tonsda takes measures designed to protect personal information collected through the Services against unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Unfortunately, however, no security system or system for transmitting data over the Internet can be guaranteed to be entirely secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), please immediately notify us.
For your own protection, we encourage you not to include sensitive personal information, such as payment card information, in any emails you may send to us. Tonsda will not request sensitive personal information in our emails to you.
Your personal information may be stored and processed in any country where we have facilities, where our Affiliated Entities are located, or in which we engage service providers, and by using the Services you understand that your information will be transferred to countries outside of your country of residence, which may have data protection rules that are different from those of your country. In certain circumstances, courts, law enforcement agencies, regulatory agencies or security authorities in those other countries may be entitled to access your personal information.
If you have any questions about the privacy security of the Site, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.